OVERVIEW: WHY CHOOSE SAFETYFUR'ST? _______________________________________________________________________________________ 1) The SafetyFur’st car seat was created specifically for small dogs. It is not merely a scaled down version of a generic pet product. This car seat is designed to meet the unique needs of small and teacup breeds. Larger sizes are not available.
2) In an accident or sudden stop, the high front panel works like a catcher’s mitt preventing your dog from being thrown from the car seat. Most other dog car seats rely on a harness or collar to restrain the dog which concentrates the impact of the collision on the dog’s chest or neck making them inappropriate for the delicate bone structure of small dogs.
3) In the SafetyFur’st, the dog is restrained by the foam padding rather than a harness, so the impact is spread evenly across the dog’s body. The purpose of the harness tether in the SafetyFur'st is to prevent the dog from roaming.
4) The SafetyFur’st car seat contains no hard parts to injure your dog in an accident. It is made from fabric and a mixture of foams.
5) The SafetyFur’st car seat requires no installation—simply wrap the seat belt around the car seat and attach the tether to your dog’s harness. (Velcro tabs on either side of the car seat can be wrapped around the seatbelt for additional security but are not required.)
6) The SafetyFur’st car seat is designed to provide some protection even when used without a seatbelt. Most dog car seats work only when properly installed, which can lead to inconsistent use. When used without a seatbelt, the weight of the SafetyFur’st along with the nonslip bottom keeps it in place under ordinary driving conditions. In an accident or sudden stop, the car seat slides forward into the floorboard, allowing energy to dissipate. As the front panel contacts the dash, it folds over the car seat like a lid encompassing the dog in a foam cocoon and providing protection from flying debris.
7) The SafetyFur’st car seat can be used in the front seat or in the back seat.
8) When you arrive at your destination, the SafetyFur'st car seat can easily be removed from your car to serve as your dog's "Away from Home Bed."
Available Sizes: *The car seat should fit more like a dog bed rather than a crate or kennel. Your dog should have enough space to lie down comfortably; however, additional space is not desirable.
Teacup/Extra-Small —interior space measures 10 inches by 12 inches —designed for dogs weighing 9 pounds or less
Small —interior space measures 12 inches by 14 inches —designed for dogs weighing 9-15 pounds
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: _______________________________________________________________________________________ The SafetyFur'st small dog car seat was designed by dog lovers for dog lovers. SafetyFur'st's goal is to make car travel safer and more comfortable for small dogs while providing ease of use for the owner to facilitate the consistent use of the car seat.
The SafetyFur'st can be used in the front seat or the back seat. No installation is required. The seat belt wraps around the car seat much like a passenger and the tether attaches to your dog’s harness. Velcro tabs on either side of the car seat can be wrapped around the seatbelt for additional security. The bone shaped handle makes moving the car seat between the front seat and the back seat a breeze.
The SafetyFur’st car seat contains no hard parts to injure your dog in an accident. It is made from a mixture of foams with a fabric cover. The sides and the back are constructed from 1-inch high density foam. The high front panel contains 3 layers of foam strategically arranged to both cushion and restrain. On the inside, 3-inch memory foam panels surround the interior space. The base of the car seat is made from a dense 4-inch furniture-grade foam for structure and strength.
In the event of a collision or sudden stop, the high front panel works like a catcher’s mitt, preventing your dog from being ejected from the car seat. The dog is restrained by the foam sides of the car seat which spreads the impact across the dog’s body. Most dog car seats rely on a harness or collar to stop the forward momentum of the dog in a crash which concentrates the impact on the dog’s chest and/or neck making them inappropriate for the delicate bone structure of a small dog.
The SafetyFur’st car seat works most effectively when used with a seatbelt and the harness tether attached; however, it still provides significant protection when used without the seat belt or harness. When used without a seat belt, the weight of the car seat and the nonslip bottom keep it in place under ordinary driving conditions. In an accident or sudden stop, the car seat slides forward into the floorboard, allowing energy to dissipate. As the front panel contacts the dash, it folds over the car seat like a lid encompassing the dog in a foam cocoon and providing protection from flying debris. *When the car seat is used without a seatbelt, it is important to move the front seat of your car far enough forward to ensure that the car seat will contact the dash and fold over before sliding to the floor.
When not in use, the SafetyFur'st can be stored in the backseat or on the floorboard. The foam-construction contains no hard parts, so in the event of an accident, the car seat won't become a dangerous projectile.
The SafetyFur'st is designed specifically for small dogs. It is intended for passengers weighing 10 pounds or less. The interior measures 12" by 11". This creates a snug fit for most dogs but leaves ample space for a small dog to sit down, lie down, or curl up in a ball. The purpose of the car seat is to restrain the dog in the event of an accident, so extra space is not necessary or desirable. The outside of the car seat is 14" wide, 13" deep, and 10" tall. The higher front panel is 19" tall.
The memory foam insert facing the driver's side is lower to allow the dog a comforting view of the driver. The lower driver's side and scooped cutout also make self-loading possible for many dogs. A side pocket was added to hold travel essentials such as a harness and leash. The passenger side memory foam insert is taller to protect against side impact.
Dogs seated on leather/vinyl seats or those caged in plastic or metal dog carriers can slide around causing panic and increasing the likelihood of injury or motion sickness. The cloth and foam interior of the SafetyFur'st holds the dog in place.
The SafetyFur'st is not a booster seat. The bottom rises only 4 inches above the seat of the car, so it does not provide a continuous view for the dog, but keeping the car seat lower, increases safety and stability. In addition, while some dogs appreciate the view that a booster seat provides, many others are frightened by being suspended above the seat.
For cleanliness and comfort, a removable bedding insert in included. The bedding insert is machine washable and is filled with cotton batting and loose stuffing. It is reversible for seasonal comfort. One side is covered in soft fur and the other side in a cotton fabric. Additional bedding inserts are available for purchase.
For additional information, please send a message or call, 405-476-7325.